A migraine is a sharp, or severe painful headache that is as a result of specific changes within the brain. It is accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, tingling in arms and legs, some blind spots, nausea, vomiting and increased sensitivity to light and sound. Typical symptoms of a migraine include; eye pain, nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light or sound and severe pain on one side of the head.
The real cause of a migraine headache is unknown. It is thought to be as a result of abdominal brain activity that causes a temporary alteration of the nerve signals, chemicals and blood flow in the brain. A migraine is not just a headache. Its attacks can include deliberating neurological symptoms and locate on one side of the head.
For fast migraine relief, we need to understand then migraine types first. Migraines are classified according to the symptoms they produce. Common types include;
Many factors can trigger the migraine. Potential triggers can include the following:
In order to learn how to relax and get some migraine help, you need to be familiar with your breathing patterns and relaxation exercises. Find a quiet location that is free of distractions and be completely comfortable.
Top tips for fast migraine relief include the following:
1. Find a calm environment – Retreat yourself from usual activities. Turn off the lights and try temperature therapy.
2. Sleep well – Establish regular sleep hours and minimize distractions. Always unwind at the end of your day by doing anything that helps you relax.
3. Eat wisely – Your eating habits can influence migraine. Eat almost the same time every day, don’t skip meals and avoid foods such as cheese, alcohol and caffeine.
4. Manage stress – Stress and migraine naturally go hand in hand. Simplify your life and manage your time wisely. Stay positive and adjust your attitude.
5. Relaxation – Deep breathing from your diaphragm can help you relax. Focus on inhaling and exhaling slowly and deeply as it will help to relax your muscles.
All of the above tips can help alleviate the sometimes-unbearable symptoms of a migraine.